Congrats to all our athletes who will be competing in the GGCL this season. We look forward to another wonderful year of good competition and great sportsmanship. Think about ways your team can demonstrate their sportsmanship to your competitors. It begins with you!
Congratulations to our four LaRosa's MVP of the Year Finalists
- Annie Heffernan, St. Ursula Academy Cross Country and Track
- Kristen Massa, St. Ursula Academy Volleyball
- Mehvish Safdar, Ursuline Academy Tennis
- Emily Slabe, Ursuline Academy Swimming
We would also like to congratulate Kelsey Mitchell, Princeton Basketball and Elly Ogle, Notre Dame Kentucky Basketball and Volleyball who finish out the nominees.
The six nominees will be honored at the LaRosa's Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Sunday June 29th and will be broadcast live at 2:00 on CET.
The following athletes were honored by the Greater Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Women's Sports Association (www.cincywomensports.org) at a banquet in April as High School Athletes of the Year in their respective sport.
- Annie Heffernan (St. Ursula) Cross Country
- Carolyn Markley (St. Ursula) Golf
- Kristen Massa (St. Ursula) Volleyball
- Mehvish Safdar (Ursuline) Tennis
- Alisabeth Marsteller (Ursuline) Swimming
- Loretta Blaut (Seton) Track and Field
Nine high school athlete of the year awards were given and the GGCL collected six honors. Way to make us proud ladies!